This dessert (or Wednesday morning breakfast…) is super easy to make and looks great (especially if you’re having people over for dinner and want to impress them with your two-minute presentation skills).
You will need:
- Approximately 1/2 slice honey cake (medovnik) per person. DO NOT BUY THE MEDOVNIK AT NARODNIE! IT IS AWFUL AND TASTES LIKE STYROFOAM
- 1-2 red or yellow apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, with possible nutmeg, allspice or ginger
- Kaymak (Turkish clotted cream), Smetana or Greek Yogurt for topping
- Possible crushed walnut for topping
- Thinly slice the apples and place in a microwave-safe bowl with spices and maybe 1/4 tsp butter. Microwave for 2-3 min
- Thinly slice the medovnik and artfully arrange on the plate.
- Microwave the medovnik for ~20-30 seconds to warm it up.
- Top medovnik with apples, kaymak/yogurt, crushed walnuts, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.