Places Lived, Places Seen: China, Central Asia and Turkey
Dark blue for places I’ve lived; bright blue for places traveled; when I put it on a map, it actually doesn’t look like I’ve seen much of the country. China is huge; taking the train I’ve passed through halfhidden valleys that seem secret to the rest of the realm, or endless hours of southripening wheat, or stretching corridors of wasteland and sand.
- Beijing (2008-2010)
- Lincang, Yunnan (2010 July-Aug)
- Heqing, Yunnan (2010-2011)
- Foshan, Guangdong (2011-2012)
- Ruijin, Jiangxi (Aug 2012)
- Urumqi, Xinjiang (2012-2013)
- Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (2013-present)
We’ve stayed a lot in Ankara (E’s home town) and traveled to and through Anatolia, The Mediterranean, and The Aegean including: Eskisehir, appadocia, Hacibesiktas, Afyon, Kemer, Olympos, Kas, Fethiye/Kabak Koy, Kaputas, Bodrum, Didim, Soke, Kusadasi and a dozen other places in between (usually we drive).